Product Design (mechanical engineer)
As a Product Design (mechanical), you will work closely with engineers, product managers, and senior industrial designers to get high-quality components and products built, tested and released on time. You’ll coordinate many fast-changing, moving parts and still get them to come together as a product.
You’ll need excellent communication skills to be the center of the universe for all questions about schedules, quality and progress updates. You are responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgments about quality, and stopping (or speeding up) production at the right time. Projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it'll be your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Define, drive, and own the overall mechanical and electro-mechanical component development process from concept to launch for new Hardware products.
- Interface between vendors and Product Engineering teams, setting and managing schedules and milestones.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate key focus points and next steps with engineering, vendors, operations, quality, and management.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Constantly balance schedule, cost, performance, and user experience trade-offs.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of engineering program management, team lead and/or design engineering with product design experience.
- Consumer Electronic experience
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience shipping high volume/high quality products.
- Excellent knowledge of product life cycle, tools, processes and operations planning.
- Ability to jump in, drive several tasks at once and generally do whatever it takes to ship a product.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.