Senior Industrial Designer
As a Industrial Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking shapes right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of industrial design skills. This position is full-time and based in Barcelona.
We are looking for an Industrial Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging products. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. The Industrial designer in our team is a professional responsible for elevating function and aesthetics to all things manufactured.
Qualifications / Skills:
- BA/BS and MA or advanced degree in Industrial Design.
- Understanding of Human Factors principles and concepts.
- Understanding manufacturing process, materials and finishes.
- Proficiency with CAD (desirably PTC’s Creo Elements), surface modelers (Rhino) and visualizers (Keyshot) and willingness to learn new software
- Strong understanding of the integration of design in the Corporate Business Environment and the specific ability to effectively influence across the organizations.
- Resilient attitude, willing to cope with pressure and able to negotiate design proposals; ability to set the right criteria in order to guide development trade-offs.Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise and iconography are an advantage..
- Ability to establish schedules and deliverables for complex projects or programs consistent with established goals; ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shift on demand.
- Passion for continually raising the bar and inspiring the team
- Excellent collaborative, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities.
- Fluent English and highly wanted Spanish.
- Generating the overview of tasks and schedules on a complex project.
- Effectively manage HW design projects from conceptual design phases all the way through production, creating a seamless interaction with other hardware engineering disciplines in order to successfully converge into innovative as well as feasible solutions. This involves keeping a good track of the overall quality, schedule and other project requirements.
- Detail oriented, innovative and able to create a strong features language through an extensive portfolio of products.
- Collaborate with Experience Designers, Mechanical Engineering, Research, Marketing, Operations, Vendors, Contract Manufacturers and Procurement.
- Participate in product design reviews and present materials to all levels of management.
- Be the link among customer insights, experience intent, design goals, design attributes and elements to support rational behind look and feel HW proposals.
We love life balance and fostering an inspiring place to work. We’re offering delicious fresh fruit every morning, a shiny new office next to the beach, staff happy hours on Friday afternoons, fresh-roasted espresso, wellness environment and annual barbecue with our families!