Senior Interaction Designer (client-side)
We are looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to set a new standard for the user experience of a social solution, furthering its potential to make participation more accessible and community decisions more efficient. The Senior Interaction Designer will be part of the product leadership team at start-up company and manage a cross-functional team in charge.
- Envision the online experience.
- Define the next wave of product investments to improve the user experience of our platform.
- Work closely with product managers to iterate on product requirements and validate them with representative users.
- Identify and implement quantitative and qualitative user research methods to help decide impactful designs.
- Continuously refine the design processes.
- Define and own the visual identity of our online platform.
- Define consistent interaction components to be used across the platform.
- Lead the team, foster a collaborative environment that rewards creativity and execution.
- The ideal candidate is a proven leader who also enjoys hands-on design work, has both deep experience in interaction design and broad understanding of all UX disciplines.
- 7+ years of work experience in UX, including several years leading a design team and/or projects.
- Demonstrated success in interaction design of consumer or enterprise software.
- Fluency in human-centered design: problem and needs analysis, personas, scenarios, storyboards, user journeys, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, task-flows or other relevant design artifacts.
- Full understanding of agile methodologies and how they relate to UX.
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
- Design: InVision, Justinmind, SketchApp.
- Diagrams: Lucidchart, Omnigraffle.
- User research: Optimal Workshop, UsabilityHub.
- Productivity: Google Tools, Office.
- All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
- Strategic and tactical, creative and disciplined, enjoys working at the big picture and product pixel levels.
- Knack for translating complex product requirements into simple and intuitive user flows.
- Modern aesthetics.
- Ability to give evaluative judgment, distinguish between "good" and "great" work.
- Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency
- Strong leadership skills, which incorporate a highly collaborative yet decisive approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build strong relationships across functions.
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident.
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.